Pages

Tuesday 18 June 2019

Radio Interview

Promoting my book is far more difficult than I thought it would be. I don't have any money to pay for marketing so I'm having to be creative to find different, free ways to advertise Proxy.
I belong to many facebook groups and pages that allow you to promote your books/poems/novella's, etc. Other things for writers are promoted on these pages as well and Ellen from Ellen and The Hammer radio show came on last week asking if anyone wanted to be interviewed on their podcast. I instantly said yes but didn't tell anyone about it till just before it aired last night just in case it didn't happen.
I tell you, it was damn exciting; my very first radio interview. I'm a very outgoing person, never had any anxiety about talking to people so I wasn't nervous at all at the thought of being on radio. I was more worried about saying something stupid; putting my foot in my mouth which I do a lot.
But luckily I didn't say anything dumb and was quite impressed with myself when I listened to the podcast recording this morning.
Brian The Hammer Jackson seemed to really like me and enjoyed my answers, even asked me to come back to discuss mental health/illness at a later time, something I'm very interested in doing. I don't have any qualifications in mental health but having lived with OCD and clinical depression all my life after a childhood with a mother who has multiple personalities and is a diagnosed sociopath, I have unique views that I guess would be interesting.
But will this interview increase my book sales or was it just an interesting experience that I can cross off my bucket list? Hopefully both.
Below is the link to my interview, see what you think.

http://mvpondemand.com/hammer.html

No comments: